Results are in for the 2015 MTN Uganda Women in Business Awards
MTN Uganda supports local women in business through both training initiatives for SMEs as well as their annual Women in Business Awards. This year’s awards event drew over 300 professionals, including MTN Uganda CEO Brian Gouldie, who spoke about the vast digital products and services MTN Uganda has to offer female business owners so that they can successfully grow their companies.
The company awards women who have taken advantage of such services and, this year, awarded Mrs. Barbara Ofwono the 2015 MTN Women in Business SME CEO of the year award. As the proprietor of Victorious schools, Mrs. Ofwono used MTN to open more locations. Lindsay Handler, who owns Fenix International, won the MTN Women in Business Award for Excellence in Financial Services for her use of MTN’s Mobile Money service. Finally, the owner of the Amadeus Travel Company, Kembambazi Sabiiti, won the MTN Business Excellence in ICT award.
Each award winner won the following prizes:
- a trip to South Africa to meet with a prominent SME;
- free Wi-Fi for their offices for six months;
- $10,000 from Y’ello Rose;
- free CUG activation and service for six months;
- five MTN landlines;
- one year of hosting at the Mutundwe data center;
- advertising space on NTV;
- business advising, including strategy review, from the Uganda Development Bank; and
- half off of advertising in the Summit Business Magazine.
Source: Biztech Africa